Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ah--I love books!



Reading has suddenly exploded in our household. Taj is reading everything in sight--I actually got up at 1:00 in the morning the other day and told him to go to bed.

My book club at the libraryjust read "Wild Nights" by Joyce Carol Oates. Nobody liked it much. I also just finished "The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao." I think I'd have gotten more out of it if I'd had a few more years of Spam\nish--about 10% of it was in Spanish. I liked it, though.

Updates:

I am up to 5 push ups. Also, I finished the NaNoWriMo with just shy of 10,000 words. Far short of my goal,,but I've discovered I like writing and plan to continue plugging away at it until I have a book.

Jeff is working a desk job until his neck gets better (slipped disc--very painful). He is a little overwhelmed, but I think he likes the responsibility.

NB is doing well--she will be 17 soon and we are planning a small dinner for her brother and a few friends. Her little one is also doing well--growing like crazy and into something new every day. I think she'll be walking soon.

BC is taking her GED tests today and tomorrow. She's also had this job for a month now.

Everyone else is doing well--school and other fun stuff. We went to Omaha for Thanksgving day--stopped by a friend's house and got home at midnight. Friday we made a big ol' turkey dinner here and had BB's feriend over with her crew--over 20 people here. Leftovers are almost gone.

It's getting cold--feeling like winter. We've been reading the Little Hosue on the Prairie books and I'm so grateful we won't be spending the winter in a one-room dugout with no running water or electricity--and only two books! Life is good!

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2008 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Tricia said...

Wow, you've got your tree up already!
I wish we were so organized!

Congrats to your grad. That's awesome!

We're reading Harry Potter here and Gregory broke the record for most minutes read last month at school (we send in a log at the end of the month) because we did the whole of chamber of secrets last month...Rach is reading the magic tree house books-also very popular!

 
At December 11, 2008 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Lisa Musil, Military Wife, Mom to 9 said...

I've heard about magic Tree House--I think the kids wil be ready to solo those pretty soon. Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home