Sunday, October 25, 2009

Has it really been that long?

I started logging into facebook--and started back to college. Haven't had time for long newsy posts--just a sentence here or there....

My summer courses went well. Trig and Nutrition--2 A's. I think maybe it made me a little *too* cocky. I'm taking two very challenging courses this fall (an 8 credit Anatomy / Phisiology class, and my very first Chemistry class) and not doing nearly as well as I'd hoped. I think if I work very hard, I can pull a "B" out of each course--but it's humbled me quite a bit.

Taj and Aria are both in public school now. Aria is thriving--Taj is more reticent, but I think he's found some good points. They are both making friends and, I think, learning.

Jeff didn't deploy this fall. His days have been filled with all the preliminaries to (hopefully) getting surgery on his neck. They (finally) diagnosed degenerative discs in his neck and I think surgery is the only way to end his constant pain and headaches. After that, he will re-classify and serve the army in some other capacity. Having him here has been good.

My three little ones go to daycare every day. I found a wonderful provider close to campus and they have a great time there.

BC has called a few times, but I think the independent life is more important to her than security, so we talk, but I don't think she'll come back.

NB is doing well. Her little one is a daily joy--and NB is getting close to sitting for her GED--and plans to start college this next semester. She wants us to adopt her, so we are making plans to formalize that after she turns 18 in Dec. I think she plans on staying here for her first semester--then getting her own place in the spring.

Our eldest son got home from Iraq Sept 21. He spends lots of time with his son and should have full custody back before Christmas.

So, if you've been doing the math, you will see that we will be down to just our birth family under the roof in the next 6 months or so. (grin) Not if I have anything to do with it. There is a sibling group of 7 in Omaha that we may be able to adopt. Three of them were in our home from March 2006-Aug 2006. Ages: 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 13. We loved them and when they left I wrote a letter saying that if they were ever available for adoption to call me.

We've had an interview and they are checking with Kansas right now to see if the state will support the placement. We've been getting the house ready--making two bedrooms up in the loft so we officially have 7 bedrooms. I really really really hope we get them--they are great kids and I think we would be a perfect match for them--and Taj would have three new brothers!

Well, the family is starting to stir--think I'll go make some banana muffins....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home