Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Busy Days...

We are fostering a little boy right now--"J". He is four days younger than Sascha and very sweet. I don't know how long he'll be with us--but I'm 99% sure he's going home in the next few months.

We're getting back into the groove of things--homeschool, dinners with friends, putting summer clothes away and pulling out fall things. I've been making some of our Christmas gifts and we picked up a few things yesterday and wrapped them. My goal is to be done Christmas shopping by the end of October this year. Plus, we are going home for Thanksgiving but not Christmas so I need to have all the gifts ready to drop off then.

Jeff is doing well--missing us and ready to come home, but he's safe and well. He is completely bald now--he's decided to shave his head bald since so much had fallen out. They are going out for 9 days at a time and getting about 2 1/2 days off. Still no word on when he'll be home--sometime between February and August, I suppose....

Still no word on a sibling group to adopt--the "permanancy meeting" has STILL not been held for the three boys in Topeka--and we are looking into a sib group of FOUR who are also in Topeka right now. I told Jeff about them and he said, "Lisa, I can't handle nine...." So, I guess, if we add these four we are really and truly DONE.... I hope to be able to meet them soon and see if they are a "maybe" for our family. (They are 5 1/2(girl), almost 3(boy), almost 2(girl), and 5 months(boy).)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home