Sunday, February 24, 2008

Good books!!!

We read every night before bed. Last year my mom sent me "Peter Pan in Scarlet", an officially approved / consigned sequel to "Peter Pan". I realized I'd never read the original "Peter Pan", so I ordered it. I tried reading it to the kids last year, but the language was pretty complex, so we shelved it for awhile. However, last month, we pulled out the books and just finished them. WOW! I highly recommend both books. The language is rich and gorgeous--and McCaughrean did a great job with continuity on the sequel, respecting and building on the playful language and texture of the original Barrie book.

Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean and Scott M. Fischer (Paperback - May 6, 2008) (coming out in paperback, soon!)

Peter Pan (100th Anniversary Edition) by J. M. Barrie and Michael Hague (Hardcover - Oct 1, 2003)


I'm also in the middle of a book I've heard a lot about and never read--LOVING it! It really makes me happy that we've decided to homeschool:

The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education by Grace Llewellyn (Paperback - Sep 1, 1998)

It's snowy and foggy here. Taj and Aria spent the whole day yesterday at a birthday party. Today will be a "down" day--just doing projects and cleaning. (We have quite a few plans next weekend--many of them HERE!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home