Friday, March 7, 2008

Less than a month to Jeff!!!

He's been calling me almost every day--we are all so excited for his return! He's done with missions (going into the city)--just packing and outprocessing. (Which means no one is shooting at him anymore!) Still no actual date for his return, but SOON!

Sascha is talking more--I brought LB down this morning and she looked up from her banana and cereal to say "Hi!". Then she wrinkled her nose and pointed to him, "Stinky!" She also told me "Down." last night. Later this morning she stooped down and kissed him on the top of his head as he was sitting on the floor.

Za and Aria are enjoying their dance classes. I have them each signed up for a six week class this summer--but will be looking for another studio for the fall that JUST teaches ballet--these are combo classes.

March is flying by--in a week I'll be 41--and in two weeks we'll be in Omaha for a visit.

Another book to recommend:

The Glass Castle.

The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls (Paperback - Jan 9, 2006)

All I can say is, WOW!
I also just finished the Dave Pelzer Trilogy, My Life (A Child called It, Lost Boy, and A Man Named Dave) He is coming here to speak at the end of April--I'm really looking forward to hearing him!

I went to a book club (Ladies of the Night) at the JC Library on Monday. We discussed "Middlesex" (a Pulitzer Prize winner I'd read last year). The new book was "A Dive From Clausen's Pier." I read it on Tuesday, and will probably re-read it before the next meeting. Interesting ideas.

All is well here. The babies were throwing up the last few nights, but seem okay now. I'm ready to be done with illness and winter.

1 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

The Glass Castle was amazing! I too could only say wow!
I also read the Dave Pelzer stories quite some time ago...they too were amazing. That is great that you may be able to see him. I am sure it will be a wonderful presentation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home