Monday, May 7, 2007

The rest of our family....

We met the boys Saturday!!! The kids all got along--the chemistry was really good. All three just had birthdays this spring. "D" is 5, "C" is 4, and "J" is 2. They are all so cute--and really sweet! I'm hoping we can adopt them-- I want to have "my" boys HOME by July so we can take them on vacation in August. I think the boys will blossom being in our home with a more relaxed schedule. (Their foster mom works full time.) It sounds like there is a lot of conflict getting them up and dressed and out of the house every morning.

Two "cute kids" things. We were driving home from church yesterday and we were talking about France--one of their friends is there for a few months. I was telling them words in French. Then Aria asked, "Can I go to Marie's house when we get home?" I answered, "Oui." She said, "Okay, can WE go to Marie's house when we get home?"

Then we were driving though the "officer's housing"--all the big old stone houses. I sighed and said, "I'd love to live in one of these houses." Tajir didn't miss a beat, just said, very matter-of-factly, "You gotta have a dream, Mom."

I'm looking into a new van--it's between a Dodge Sprinter and a Ford 15 passenger van. We'd get better milage on the Sprinter (and it would be easier to park.) But we could haul everybody and their kids in the Ford.... I'd like to have a new van by the end of the month.

We've had lots of rain--and some serious flooding. I'm SO GLAD we live on a hill!!!

Well, we are getting some spring cleaning done--two bedrooms done--two to go--plus the storage closet and garage. I'm pretty happy with the downstairs--it's mostly maintaining.

We cancelled homeschool group today--too squishy. Guess I'll go downstairs and find a project for us to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home