Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"Our" boys...

I'm kinda bummed after our day in Topeka....

First, " J", the social worker, was supposed to meet us at the park at 3:00. We drove an hour to get there--showed up on time and sat under the pavillion out of the rain for 1/2 an hour. Then I called the foster mom and asked her where she lived--went over there--and J hadn't even told the FM we were coming. FM was changing a diaper when J finally showed up so I answered the door. I asked her where she was and she said she didn't realize that we had confirmed. She then asked about my kids and said, "and you're pregnant now." I assured her I was not. (We did not get off on a good start.)

Then another woman showed up--another foster care worker. She didn't even know who I was. I told her I want to adopt the boys. I THEN find out from J that there are THREE other families who are interested in the boys. (Her exact e-mail to my first inquiry was, "I am so happy to get going on this~ Let me get back with you on Monday. Sorry it has taken me so long" Nothing about three other families who are in the running.) The other woman used to work adoption and I find out that first a committee will decide which family will be the best fit. This will not happen until late June or even July. THEN they will notify the family they've chosen and open the files to the family. Then they have to forward the proposal to another agency and it will be another 3 weeks or so to get going with the visits--if we are chosen, it may be November or even later before the boys are even placed with us....

On a bright note, the kids had a good time and I really feel like these are meant to be my kids. I truly feel that they are just little boys who need acceptance and permanancy and lots of love....

Maybe the sermon on Sunday was meant for me:

1. Whoever shows up is the right person.
2. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have.
3. Whenever something happens, it's the right time.
4. When it's over, it's over.

I just need to be patient and if these boys are meant to be with us, they will be. And if we are meant for another set of children, we will get another set of children....

In the meantime, I can order exactly the van I want--and plan a vacation for just the 6 of us....

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things work out well for you soon! In the meantime... Tag! You're "it!" http://stampingspace.blogspot.com/2007/05/erin-tagged-me.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home